The Visit Poland Service
As of 2016 we no longer offer a Visit Poland service due to improvements in language, infrastructure and technologies in the country.
It is now more straightforward for an English speaker to organise their own property viewings than it has ever been with English being spoken by most agents in every major city and town.
The following steps will help you organise a successful visit to view properties:
- Check for bank holidays (especially at the beginning of May) when many agents will be closed and property owners might be away.
- Install Google Chrome and when using the property portals like gratka.pl and oferty.net or even agent's websites right click on a blank space on the page and select 'Translate into English'.
- Email agents initially so they can assign you to an English speaker.
- Confirm your viewings 48 hours before you arrive.
- Install the Google Translate app on your Smart Phone for those times when the language barrier is too much. You can speak into this in English and the phone will play back what you say in Polish.
If you find that you are struggling to track down English speaking agents use forums such as polishforums.com and allthingspolish.net to find a translator you can hire such as a student who would welcome the part time work.